Paralegal/Internship at MT UK Solicitors
MT UK Solicitors is a fast growing commercial and private law firm working with a wide range of clients, large and small up and down the United Kingdom.
Opportunities for candidates to work in our Twickenham and London Office are available and dealt with on application by application basis. This will be a full-time Paralegal/Internship commencing from the beginning of April 2017.
The vacancies are open to candidates with a minimum of a qualifying law degree (LLB).
Candidates should demonstrate a drive to work with us and show that they are committed to working at MT UK. What we like are candidates who show dedication, determination and a good aptitude for learning. We like to offer a friendly atmosphere at the firm so that successful candidates can settle as quickly as possible.
Successful candidates will be working directly with solicitors in various areas of law, particularly: Conveyancing, Civil Litigation, Family and Immigration.
The successful candidates role will include:
• assist in the preparation for court hearings;
• attend Court hearings with clients and shadowing Counsel (to take notes of the hearing, the client’s instructions and Counsel’s advice);
• to attend meetings and conferences to take minutes;
• assist in pursuing to completion commercial and residential conveyancing
• assist in ensuring that files are kept in order;
• assist in the general day to day organisation and running of cases;
• assist solicitors with general administration; and
• assist with general office administration.
It is hoped that as the successful candidates gains experience that he or she will be given more responsibility and will have the opportunity to undertake tasks such as drafting legal documents and participating in interviewing clients with a solicitor.
A successful paralegal candidate (who have completed the LPC) may be offered a Training Contract at the discretion of the Training Principal.
Candidates are required to send their CVs with Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specifically, we want to know:
• Why you are applying;
• What are our core values? Can you apply them?
• Explain any relevant experience that will help you in law;
• What areas of law are you interested in?
• Why choose MT UK?
• Explain how you deal with situations that put you under high pressure.