Tel: 0203 319 3643

Fax: 0208 894 5300

Emergency: 0750 625 5550

TIER 2 – General Migrant and Intra-Company Transfer Worker

General Migrant

A Tier 2 (General) Migrant must have a job offer from a UK based employer which holds an appropriate license from the Home office. There are tests that have to be met, in particular, this migrant must be skilled i.e. the Job level must be at graduate level or above.

Intra – Company Transfer

This category is for existing employees of multi-national companies who are being transferred from outside the EEA by their overseas employer to its UK branch for training purpose or fill a specific vacancy that cannot be filled by a British or EEA worker.

Common Features for Tier 2 Migrant

  • Must have a certificate of Sponsorship issued by a UK based sponsor which has been licensed by the Home Office;
  • Required to score 70 points (under the points-based system) from three different areas, namely: Attribution (50 points), English language (10 points) and Maintenance (10 points);
  • Must not be liable to refusal under the general grounds in part 9 of the Immigration Rules;
  • Must pay Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) for themselves and any dependents; and
  • Normally granted for Five years and one month but could be shorter.

So contact Team MT UK Immigration & Human Rights Department for advice and assistance on Tier 2 immigration.