Students, under the current Immigration Rules, are dealt with under the points-based system of entry to the UK.
There are two main types of student categories in Tier 4 (General) Student, Adult Students for post 16 education and Child Students or a Tier 4 (Child) Student that covers children aged between 4 and 17.
All Tier 4 students must apply for entry clearance. As part of the visa regime or entry certificate application, prospective students must produce certain crucial documentation including a Confirmation of Acceptance for studies (CAS) from a Home Office Approved Education Provider (a licence from Home Office).
Team MT UK Immigration & Human Rights Department, experts on student visas, can provide you advice and assistance to be compliant with the point-based system and in particular on the following:
- Who is a student
- Sponsorship: approved education provider
- Tier 4 (General) student
- Leave to enter the UK
- Extension of student visa
- What can Tier 4 (General) Student do besides studying
- Family members of a Tier 4 (General) Student
- Who can switch to become a Tier 4 (General) Student
- Tier 4 (General) Student switching to another category
So contact Team MT UK (Immigration & Human Rights) – Department for that specialist advice and representation.